Friday, January 26, 2018

A second helping

I was blogging yesterday about making fingerless mitts as a test knit for knitwear designer Thistle West of Thistledown Knits. These are her Crisscross Applesauce mitts released on Ravelry, and I'm loving them so I had a second helping. This time in perky yellow lightweight dk tweed from Rose, a Tokyo yarn boutique by Japanese designer Misa Onozuka from the late eighties and early nineties. Sadly no longer in business (The opening of her store Rose featured in Japan Vogue Keitodama 1988 Autumn), but I have a huge stash of her gorgeous goodies.
Being a US design they're a little big for my hand, so I went down a size in needles and added a couple of stitches between cables for extra height since the yarn is less bulky...getting the perfect fit. Sherlock definitely approves! Now to knit the right hand after walkies and chores and ....oh well, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment