Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Heartworm Prevention Day

Once a month Sherlock gets his slow-kill heartworm meds, so I have to stop blogging and get him his breakfast and give him the meds. Claire and Nobu get theirs during summer mosquito season with a final dose in November, and I always stick to the 27th for them, but Sherlock had his first dose the first time the vet checked on him, after making sure there were no adult worms wriggling around in his heart yet, the doctor whammied whatever was in his system with an instant first dose of the meds, and I keep it up every month until he gives me the okay, or November as per my other setters, if by then he is clear. Unfortunately the medication is horrifically expensive, but of course, it's worth it to keep the sweeties safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment