Thursday, August 24, 2017

English Setter Scarf Berries

Having just completed Rustic, I wanted to relax a bit, so I grabbed a skein of Noro Silk Garden and just knitted short rows without thinking, just the way the yarn came out of the ball. No weaving in of ends or deliberating color coordinates. A gentle knit, a doggie scarf named Berries. 
Still, a very luxurious scarf for a doggie: 45% silk, 45% kid mohair and 10% lamb's wool in the gorgeous color shades of Japanese designer Noro Eisaku. I actually have a cardigan I knitted with the same yarn, and love wearing it. The free pattern is Sybil R's 2012 Yet Another Short Row Scarf. Using Clover bamboo size 9 needles and short rows like this, it's the first time I've seen the yarn really knit up just the way it looks when you fall in love with it, absolutely gorgeous with all those nuances of berry shades.
It's not just Claire finding this summer heat trying, being stuck in the air-conditioned environment all day (ideally the doggies need 24 degrees to feel comfortable) is playing havoc with my sinuses. I have been cleaning the filter on the air conditioner to brush out soot and dust, fiddly task. I've added marjoram and frankincense essential oil drops and had a wee soak in the tub to calm and soothe...Now to wrap the two scarves (Rustic and Berries) and send them off for auction! I heard that my three previous donated scarves arrived safely in the snail mail yesterday. Woo hoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment