Thursday, December 8, 2011

Five Drops Name Tag

I've been corresponding and telephoning with Five Drops , a store offering beautiful custom-made leather dog leads and collars. I was quite taken with the pictures of Alice and Cream's name tags , and called up the store to see if I could have one made for Claire. They were ever so friendly, even though I was most rude and called up late in the evening (around 8:30!), and I've been wondering whether I could have the central stone changed on the name tag, so that it's not exactly the same as Alice. At first I was going to use some tiny freebie amethysts I was given a while back, but the gem cut is wrong, so they can't be used.

I'm going to order a silver concho and have the central turquoise replaced with amethyst from the store to match Claire's healing energy. The owner has just mailed me about the leather colors, and I've decided to go for pink cherry blossom, dyed in by craftsmen in Italy who were shown the blossoms. Having it made specially for her is such a thrill, and I love the idea of both her and me wearing cherry blossom inspired kimonos and name tags, kind of like a partner look. Pics when it arrives, of course.

The big secret is, Mallow is coming tomorrow! A beau for Claire...I'm just dying to meet him and hoping Claire will fall in love with him and all will be well. When I asked for advice, Lisa Van Fulton on ACES , the US organization rescuing english setters, said "Seriously Renata, the only thing better in life than an English Setter is two Setters!

No comments:

Post a Comment